G2T SPECIFIED DESIGN DRAFTING PROGRAM "The Devil is in Deferred Submittal"
Code Name: SDP
SPEC DRAW PROGRAM (SDP) DEFINED
By providing the EOR with Placement Plans, Detailing, BOMs, and Calcs during the specification process G2 Structural creates the following effects:
- Avert the Deferred Submittal Process!!! (The Devil is in the "Deferred Submittal")
- Get the Fit and Detailing Right Before it is too late
- Expedite project lead time at time of contracting
- Provide better forecasting of material and labor demand
- Show commitment to our Mission and Market
G2 STRUCTURAL PROVIDES the SDP FREE OF CHARGE and WITHOUT CONTRACTUAL COMMITMENT or OBLIGATION
G2T in lieu of PIN-TRUSS DESIGN DRAFTING PROGRAM
Code Name: AMP
By providing the Construction Team with Pro-Bono Placement Plans, Detailing, BOM's and Calcs, prior to contractual commitments, we effect the following:
- Introduce "The Strong and Simple Solution" alternative G2T System
- Inform the EOR as to how the G2T "better serves" the project
- Ensure a shorter project lead time
- Solve issues now, not at time of deferred submittal (it's always too late)
- Establish V.E. efficacy
- Peer Review of the specified pin-connected truss system
G2T Project Management
G2 Structural's Territory Assistants and Customer Service Reps provide Tip-to-Tail Support to their G2T Systems by managing the following:
- Specification Support
- Value Engineering
- Per plans and specs takeoffs
- Schedule and manage Design/Drafting
- Schedule and manage the Submittal Process
- Schedule and manage Production and Delivery
G2T Value Engineering
- Flush Frames flush framing is always the strongest and least expensive choice
- Field Adjustable the G2T can be quickly and inexpensively shortened or lengthened by up to 3". Pin-Connected Trusses are expensive and time-consuming to shorten or lengthen in the filed.
- Simple Bearing Details the G2T can be factory produced for skewed bearing conditions. Pin-Connected Trusses require material and labor intensive "crutches" to perform in a skewed bearing condition.
- A "True Commercial Truss" G2 Structural does not offer a Split Top Chord Truss. A Split Top Chord Truss is rarely conducive to high load axial, high load diaphragm, point-load transfer, and perpendicular-to-chord loading inherent to today's commercial long-span floor and roof demands. All G2T chords are 3.5" wide and monolithic.
- Floor Vibration the G2T's monolithic top chord greatly reduces floor vibration, which is always a concern in long-span commercial floor systems. (Split chord Pin-Connected Trusses inherently lack the mass required to dampen floor vibration).
- Cost Effectiveness given the strength and mass of the G2T, 24" o.c. floor systems can be used for their cost-effectiveness without denigrating dynamic performance.
Some examples are below
Proprietary specifications of Pin-Connected Trusses have often been used as a license, by the manufacturer, to set prices well above a competitive industry standard. Since G2 Structural came to the market with the G2T Commercial Open-Web Truss, this license seems to have been revoked. Here is an example...
This single truckload of 70 foot G2T-44M Trusses saved the Owner $17,352 over the specified Pin-Connected Truss
The G2T Commercial Open-Web Truss utilizes the benefits of Automated saws to dramatically reduce set-up costs, making the G2T Open Web Commercial Truss very cost effective in skewed bearing conditions, or whenever a multitude of truss lengths are required in your floor or roof system. The use of Pin-Connected Trusses on a skewed bearing wall is a very costly choice. "Set-Up" charges can, and have, wrecked budgets. Little, if any, automation is deployed in the fabrication of a Pin-Connected Truss, thus changes in truss length are laborious and costly.
This package of only 13 G2T-Open Web Trusses saved the owner $1,121.00 over the specified Pin-Connected Truss. (Extrapolation is encouraged)